Saturday, November 1, 2008

Three weeks later.....

I had every intention of posting before we left on our trip to Guatemala. There was a lot taking place around that time, not to mention getting ready for the trip. But as soon as I can I will try to fill in the blanks about the last three weeks.

For now, just wanted to post a note saying we arrived in Jalapa, Guatemala tonight, in readiness for the pastors's retreat which starts Monday evening. We left Salamanca last Monday, and I have pictures of our stops along the way, but just realized that my camera is in the van, which is parked in a garage down the street. We, along with Crystal and Michael Mason and boys, are staying with Lee and Sharon Rickenbach in their nice and comfy home here in Jalapa. After several days of staying in "sufficient, but less-than-ideal situations", it is so nice to enjoy clean and very comfortable quarters and have the luxury of a washer and dryer thrown in. Best part of all for Philip and I is getting to see our friends after so many years. This week of visiting will be so nice!

I will try to get some pics up tomorrow, that is, if time permits. I HAVE to spend the afternoon getting ready for a women's session on Tuesday afternoon. Philip has asked me to do the women's counterpart on his session, the theme being "Shepherding our Families". I am using Jochebed, the mother of Moses, as the basis for my study, and am praying that God will help me develop as it should be. Pray for me, will you?

Well, it is getting close to midnight so I better run. ( I mean, stop...)

2 comments:

mama2ryleigh said...

We'll be praying for you, Mom. I wish I could be there to hear you speak - I know you're going to do great as always! Love you guys & hope you're having a wonderful time.

Beth Stetler said...

You are in my "old stomping grounds." So glad your trip is going well, so far.