Monday, April 6, 2009

Having a hard time sleeping tonight (or rather this morning, 2:18 to be exact) so I figured I might as well be up and trying to do something, like a new blogpost perhaps??!

A busy Sunday, this one! Being Palm Sunday we celebrated Communion (la Santa Cena here) ...which I love . I’m so awed, always, by the very personal relationship Christ made possible to us by His death. I cannot imagine life without God...He’s not a crutch, He is the very Center of all that makes life possible. I love watching new ones reach out in faith to participate in this event, and expecially my heart was thrilled this time as I watched two of my Sunday school girls, Cynthia and Keren, take part! They’re 13 & 14, and in recent months I have watched them absorb and understand the plan of salvation and apply it to their lives. I don’t think anything could make me any happier!

Wanting to explain all of this tradition to my smaller kids, I decided to share with them the customs of Jesus’ day, which included that of having their feet washed when they were invited to a home. I asked for volunteers and at first had no takers, but it wasn’t long until they all wanted to have theirs washed! I tried to explain the example of Christ and how it applies to us today.
The girls took a couple of pics but my batteries gave out about the time I wanted one of them...

After washing feet we talked about the significance of the bread and wine, and how and who shared the last meal with Jesus. I needed bread that could be “broken” for our feast, and so used biscuits (I know, it was leavened, but the kids didn’t notice and I left that part of the explanation for a future date.) They had fun, it was hands-on....and I really do hope that some of it stuck with them!


We were also happy to have Alejandro (MariCarmen’s husband who has addiction problems) back in church today after several months of relapse. Many had been praying for him and his wife said that just this last week he had started seeking God and praying privately at home after his work each day. Pray for him! He and MariCarmen wanted to bring dinner to us today, so we fixed and ate carne asada here at the house and had a good time. Please pray for Alejandro, that God will give him a complete .

Like I said, my camera was dead....but tomorrow Philip has to do a couple odd jobs at their house,so hopefully I will get some pictures of them to post


Getting sleepy...so I should try to get this posted while I can...

0 comments: