Friday, June 27, 2008

What's on the agenda for July?

VBS! I've been toying with the idea for months....not sure whether to attempt it when I wasn't really sure of where my help was going to come from. Michael and Crystal are studying over in Guanajuato, so of course their time would be limited. Some of those who used to really get behind and help carry the load are gone now.....so while I knew it was something I really wanted to do, I wasn't sure if I could.

Then, an email slipped into our inbox from Miss Marjorie Alexander, wanting to come visit this summer....and I jumped at the offer.
Marjorie's parents, Paul and Linda, are fellow-missionaries who aren't on the field now...but who will never lose their heartbeat for missions. Marjorie is the youngest of three siblings, and was only a very small gal when her parents changed fields of ministry. She is excited about helping me do this VBS, and I have also garnered the help of another dear friend (also a grown-up MK)...Margaret (Eversole) Velazquez! She and her husband Juan are great friends and their sons have through the years helped my girls learn to deal with not having brothers! (I won't say more lest I get in trouble!) Anyway, Margaret and her youngest son Jared (14) are going to accompany Marjorie and will be spending two weeks here...finally! I say that because we have wanted them to visit Salamanca for forever. It will be great.

So...........I am busy planning this thing out. Fortunately I was able to talk to some of the church ladies who will help with the prop preparation and decorating (I'm no artist) The program I am using calls for a daily puppet skit (my team is coming together slowly), music (Michael and Crystal's dept), a Bible story (I guess that will be mine) memorization and crafts (yet to be assigned!) and finally crowd-control, sound-system, projector prompting, yelling over the top of kids, etc will be Philip's job! (Not really the last thing I mentioned, I hope.....but I am telling you, it will be challenging!) Anyway, this week we got the banner designed and at the printers. Crystal is working on the flyer we are going to pass out in a couple weeks, and I doing the worrying that it will all come together! We can use plenty of prayers right about now.

Here's the banner! We'll get it hung this next week. I think it turned out pretty nice.
Oh yeah, when is this event? Not until July 23-27th---but I need all the time I can get.

1 comments:

sankey family said...

Your VBS plans sound so exciting!
Love and miss you all.
Melodie