Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Remediating.....

I'm holding my head high as I begin a new post, in defense of my "sabbatical"! My daughter Shari tells me that if I blog as a duty or under pressure, it loses its thrill, so I guess she's right. Part of my problem could be the moment in time that I find myself in life right now, with a few extra physical annoyances that I didn't use to experience. Enough said.

It has been a month that has had some beautiful moments though, and I want to share a few pics. (I was waiting for Crystal to post first about our trip to the ocean, before I put up a few of my own.) She and Michael, Michele and Kay invited us to accompany them to the Pacific a couple weeks after VBS ended. Actually they didn't really need a driver (ask Crystal) but they did want a guide...and they got both in the person of Philip! We took off on a Tuesday and had to be back by Thursday evening, but it was great trip, about 8 hours each way.

Over our years of living in Mexico, our family has been able to occasionally get away to the coast of Nayarit (Guayabitos, Los Ayala and thereabouts...), and what awesome memories we've made! This year at the Mason's suggestion we went a little further south and found a typical quaint seaside village that was equally beautiful. The Masons had made arrangements for our place to stay, which was a little ways off the beach but with a gorgeous view.

Crystal, Kay and Michelle....notice the lack of the use of sunscreen on a certain person! Are you still peeling, Michelle?

Yummy menu... a tortilla breakfast dish, Mexican scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with beef jerky, hot cakes (who wants those???) juice and coffee....all for a decent price~!

La boca del mar....where it empties into the ocean

The view from the patio upstairs

This really is the best of both worlds...a cup of coffee in Paradise....we're beginning to feel a "call" to minister to the beach bums here in this little town...we didn't see any churches! ;)
The landscaping was so natural and breathtaking....

This beach was pretty private, but very stony, and Philip and I wanted to get in past the breakers. Fortunately a little boy came along and told us that if we climbed over the significant outcropping of rocks, we would find a clean beach on the other side. It was a little daunting, but not impossible.....and the beautiful, totally pebble-free beach on the other side was well worth the effort. No one around either, but we did see steps going up to some beautiful mansions. Sorry I didn't get a picture, I left my camera in the car and was too busy jumping waves to take one anyway. We stayed out about three hours, got some good sun and came back soooo refreshed.

Frankly, I think there is no place like the ocean for renewing one's spirits and emotions. I have so many childhood seashore memories in CA and TX. On occasion, after a hard week of work, my dad would pack us all up and head for the ocean, where we would camp out and watch the sunset and sunrise before heading home late the next afternoon. Thanks, Dad....it didn't take much money, just time...and I love you for those memories.

Thanks, Michael and Crystal, Michele and Kay, for inviting us along! I am still pinching myself to see if it really was true.

5 comments:

Springer Family said...

That's the kind of vacation I've been dreaming about lately!! Glad you enjoyed it! The pictures are so awesome.
Thanks for the comment on my blog - I've been meaning to THANK YOU for watching the kids that night!

Noah and Heather said...

You really must send us your hotel's card so that we can go... in about 18 or 20 years. Looks like fun.

Crystal Mason said...

WOW!! Nice to see an updated post!! And...didn't we have a great time? So glad you came with us!!

Beth Stetler said...

Wow! It looks beautiful, relaxing and fun. So glad you were able to enjoy it.

sankey family said...

So glad you're back, Collette - been missing you in Blog World..smiles..this just looks like so much fun. Absolutely beautiful! I remember plans for a trip like this that didn't get to happen due to Logan's medical problems..maybe someday, right?
Love you all and miss you!