I love the early morning.
I guess I've always been a morning person. History states that as a small child I liked to "rise and shine" too early, no doubt at times to my parents' chagrin. Philip hasn't always appreciated my early morning chatter. And I don't recall my girls being too thrilled when I peered though their subconsciousness and roused them sooner than they wished.
There's a song in Spanish that I learned as a child when my parents were attending language school in South Texas 40 years ago. (No comments necessary about that last part...) You've probably heard it even in recent days or months sung by missionaries visiting your church. I have heard the words in English, but don't know them all....so apparently this is for my fellow missionaries today!
Por la mañana yo dirijo mi alabanza
A Dios, que ha sido--y es--mi UNICA esperanza
Por la mañana yo le invoco con el alma,
y le suplico que me dé Su dulce calma.
El nos escucha, (pues nos ama tanto)
y nos alivia de cualquier quebranto.
Nos da Su mano, poderosa y fuerte,
para librarnos de la misma muerte.
Cuando la noche se aproxima, tenebrosa
En elevarle mi oración, mi alma se goza.
Siento Su paz--inagotable, dulce y grata--
Porque temores y ansiedad, ¡Cristo los mata!
También elevo mi cantar al cielo
Cuando a la tierra baja negro velo.
El sol se oculta---¡pero queda Cristo!--
A Quien mis ojos en el sueño han visto.....
This morning my lips and heart move through the many verses of the song, savoring the inspiration and richness of the word picture the songwriter expressed with his pen. I'm awed by the way he expresses his adoration to the Father, encouraged by His faithfulness, and strengthened to meet the challenges of the day. There's no way I could express it any better.
Suffice it to say that today, this very day, God is just exactly what I need.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Morning reflections
Posted by collette at 5:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What?! You "peered through our subconsciousness"?? How about "tortured by turning the light on HOURS before we actually needed to get up"?! Oh well... I survived & (horror of horrors) I just happened to have not only married a morning person, but also given birth to one as well. What a cruel twist of fate! ;-)
Oh, Shari, I love your comment! Am I supposed to apologize?????
Mom
Love your morning reflections...and I love that song, too. What a coincidence - we sing that song in our deputation services!
Love and miss you.
Melodie
No, don't apologize. You are who you are & I love you anyway! ;-)
I was sooo very excited to see your comment on my blog!! Of course I remember you and was glad to see you. I, too am a morning person and love to sit on my back porch in the morning (with my cup of coffee)to enjoy a few moments with My Heavenly Father, before starting the hustle and bustle of another day. Sure wish that I knew what that song was. Somehow, it didn't sound very pretty when I tried to read it. Maybe because I don't know the first thing about the Spanish language. Oh well, that's ok. I will now be a "regular" visitor of your blog, if you don't mind. Sue A.
Excellent morning reflections, Tia! I hope to see you guys soon! Adios
Tu Sobrino
The most interesting things I can stand to see in the early morning are the insides of my eyelids...but you knew that, didn't you?!!! lol, miss you, hermana lety! can't wait to get back down there!
Post a Comment